I can melt in the warmth... Oh the joy!! Take me on the rockette to the sun..!!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Lacing my shoes


I wished
The light night breeze would carry,
Softly swaddled,
The scent of your hair
Through the thickness of the air.
I wished
The words you dropt,
Casually strewn,
Would turn the black asphalt
Into a clear starry sky.
I wished
The air was as liquid,
And feather-light,
That it may blow off
My thoughts, hopes and memories.
But my shoelaces
Are entangled,
And I trip and fall
And wake up bruised.
The air was thicker
Than the blood on my arm,
As it spoke to me,
A voice deafeningly calm -
Ain't it better that you walk alone?
It better 'cause
The air ain't thicker
When you wont take away my breath.
The wind blows softer
Not ODing on crystal meth.
At least
Though i trip on my laces,
I dont fall over the words
You left on the ground...

6 comments:

  1. this is beautiful beautiful, and beautifully simple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rather i make a memory out of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its true that some pplnever manage to lace shoes right.moi included..sub conscious addiction to tripping maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautifully written. Love the way you let the thing progress... very un-Achu like but I still like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah yeah... i know... thematics were a bit off then....

    ReplyDelete