I can melt in the warmth... Oh the joy!! Take me on the rockette to the sun..!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Silent Mind and the Midday Shade



The words were always there.
Laid out
And arranged
Like the gleaming silver cutlery
On the pressed linen tablespread.
Surgically sterile
Tools to cut,
Slice,
Chop,
Tear,
Stir,
Scoop,
And dish out
Reality in more palatable
Versions of the truth.
They were blunt in their sharpness.
But they were always there.
I never thought of them.
Never repeated them
A hundred-and-twenty-two times
Each day
As I scrubbed myself down with soap.
They were always there,
Dancing,
Even before the thoughts
Remained unthought of.
Like the shadows
Dancing on the tablecloth
As the trees romanced with the midday sun.
As if that shadow play
Had started much before
I was called over for lunch.
Or maybe even before the sun even rose today.
The mist of memories
Fall down as worded raindrops
And spill ink
Into a dictionary of incoherence.
I sat in the shade
Of that redundant romance
And saw a rainbow
Staining the midday sky.

5 comments: