I can melt in the warmth... Oh the joy!! Take me on the rockette to the sun..!!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Remembering Macedonia. Chapter One. The Colosseum of Dirt.

Still remember the day I first met Alex. My eyes were blurred by the sweat dripping off my brow... The warmth of fresh blood as it spilt down the side of my face... The very exuberant vivacity of life and living - sweat and blood. I was chewing my moustache - a thick black caterpillar - my mind locked in contemplation. Locked in my vice of a palm, Fernand-o-whatever-fucker, his head look small, inconspicuous, unimportant. He was knocked out already. But that greasy-with-sweat unimportant head of his posed a very important question - as important as life itself, to take the next breath or not. Bar table or beer bottle?

Chewing moustache, contemplating this vehement question, my eyes - blurred with sweat and blood and life - were scanning the wreckage I had left behind. A dozen broken tables and upturned chairs. Half a dozen or so slumped bodies, with faces blotched an shirts in shreds. Beer bottles lay shattered on the floor, blood mixing freely with alcohol and flowing down in dirty veins of grime. The lighting was dusky and the creaky fans croaked in a cacophony of applause.

I was the Roman gladiator striding over this Colosseum of dirt. I was Jimi-fucking-Hendrix smashing his guitar on the amps. . I was the stench of sweat wafting up in the tropical sun. I was the taste of mud spiked with cashew liquor.
Bucephalus (Bu, as they called me). Ox-headed. Obstinate. Black-maned. I was whatever the fuck you called life.

5 comments:

  1. oh fuck its nice..and i still was thinking sumhow that it was thru alex..awesome awesome

    mutthu says so too

    ReplyDelete
  2. echoing someone^ :

    Fucking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel my heart racing as I read the end. Awesome it is! Loved the last few lines a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the Roman gladiator striding over this Colosseum of dirt...

    Brilliant.....I am so tripping over your writing.......read it again and again and still coming back for more.......AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete