I can melt in the warmth... Oh the joy!! Take me on the rockette to the sun..!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am what i was


I was Nature.
Air, Water and Earth, wafted and baked under the fiery sun.
I was the primeval sea.
Pangaea.
I was the mucky gene pool where life took form.
I was life.
I was the Primordial Sin.
I was the 160 ton sandstone boulder that crowned the Pyramid.
I was also the slave who dragged it and the mason who chiseled it into shape.
I was gunpowder.
I was fireworks, and so was i cannon-fuel.
I was the besieged.
I was the battering ram that broke through the ramparted gateway.
I was the river.
And the sea, and the ships that sailed across them,
Unfurling their sails to catch the wisps of air
That I breathed out.
I was the gentle summer rain.
And the scorched plain that begged for salvation.
I was salvation.
I never knew who I was.

Anyway, leaving behind the cliched rhetoric, here's what I know what i really was.
I was born in 1947 (No... this has nothing to do with "Midnight's Children"... i consider it a grossly overrated book).
I was 16 when they napalmed Vietnam.
I was 20, when it was the Summer of Love.
"If you are going to San Fransisceo... Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair..."
I was a hippie.
I was living-in, being-in during the Second Summer of Love.
I was arrested during the Emergency.
I was silenced.
I died in 1988 in a freak accident involving a stationary car, a sinking freight train and a ship that derailed at the docks.
And i was reborn.
I am what I was.

I am the wind. I am the rain. I am the silence of the sun that leaves your shadow on the plain.

4 comments:

  1. ohhhh!! i so like it...
    typically u... to make up such a colourful past!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah yeah... but, its true its true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. frantic and feverish, and inspired. but could have avoided the bracket part

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm yeah i know... just that it really really had to be specified... i despise the book...

    ReplyDelete