I can melt in the warmth... Oh the joy!! Take me on the rockette to the sun..!!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Feeling my way through clouds


I am apprehensive. Scared of taking the next step. Scared of even moving. Not because i can't see. Not 'cause of what lies ahead of me. Rather 'cause of all i had left behind. They stare behind my back. Stare right to that dark uneasy corner of my mind that we all call the conscience. I wish it was like an appendix... disposable.
The sunshine is dampended. Soaked and suffocated. Apprehensive.
The thoughts pop up once in a while. They silently whisper. So low that only i can hear. More memories. Contemplations of memories. Wonder why i let things go. Wonder why they seem so far. Another life apart. Did i live through them? Or am i just watching a dull video taken in grainy grayscale?
Fragmented moments in time. Faded photographs. Pictures stained an antique sepia from all the coffee spilt on them. Coffee that kept me awake through all the nights when all i wanted to do was close my eyes and sleep. Tell the rest of the world to go to hell and be damned. I staeyed awake then. Groping my way down the stairway railings.
That ephemeral illusion of love. Muted converations between friends. The uneasy silence which creeps in and shouts so hard, your ears go numb.
There are clouds at my feet. Clouds all around me. I am afraid to turn back and look. I might make phantoms appear from the clouds, when there are none.
I am not guilty. I do not regret. Apprehension.
I might dissolve and disappear someday like a wisp of smoke from a dying candle.
I ask for forgiveness. The supernova has to happen.

6 comments:

  1. the interesting thing is, even people standing near to us cant understand this.....
    i think i should copy and paste this in ma blog tooo.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. why now and not then? 'Then', when we could have got d chance of deciding again as to what to leave and what not to..'Then', when the whispers could have been more cohesive, more poignant..'Then', when and when not???

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'cause i never knew then that then was when i shoulda done whatever shoulda been done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have nothing to comment ..
    its bloody good .. n so true !!!

    ReplyDelete